Need help with Cornerstone 6.0.8

Hello,
i need help with the last cornerstone plug.

WordPress-Version 5.8.1

Aktuelles Theme: X (Version 9.0.8)

Aktuelles Plugin: Cornerstone (Version 6.0.8) PHP-Version 7.4.23

Fehler-Details

==============

Ein Fehler vom Typ E_COMPILE_ERROR wurde in der Zeile 8 der Datei /homepages/12/d633333284/htdocs/clickandbuilds/WordPress/MyCMS2/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/classic/utility/class-shortcode-preserver.php verursacht. Fehlermeldung: Cannot declare class Cornerstone_Shortcode_Preserver, because the name is already in use

What can i do?

Thanx Katja

Hello @Katjae,

Thanks for writing in!

Are you using a Child theme? There could be a PHP code that is causing the issue. A 3rd party plugin could also be caused by a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

If after trying all of the above things you are still experiencing problems, please reply below, including login details to your site in a secure note, so that we can investigate further. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi Ruenel,
If your checking the site in a webbroser:
under sedcards, the buttons will not work
under tiertrainer the tlp team wouldn´t shown
in the header under the + the slider isn´t shown

maybe more i don´t know this time…

ok?

Hi Katja,

I have checked your website and found the problem in the Sedcard page and also found that the Background image is not showing while the user is not logged in. It might be due to the improper update of the X theme and Cornerstone plugin, I would suggest you follow the below steps to troubleshoot.

1. Delete the Cornerstone
  2. After deletion please use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone.

If that does not helps, and if you have already gone through the common issue troubleshoot as suggested by my colleague, please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

NOTE: I would suggest you deactivated all types of minification plugins and also contact your hosting provider to purge all the Server Level Cache and check if that resolves your issue.

Thanks

Hello Tristup,
i have send your colleague Ruenel a secure note with the login details.
Did he got it? Should i send it again?
I have deletetd cornerstone and downloaded like you told me but the problems are still there.

What we do next?

Hi Katja,

Can you please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site? Please add the credentials for staging in the secure note.

Thanks

Hi @Katjae,

Thanks for sharing your staging area, since you are using the WP staging plugin, we can’t see the staging when the user’s logged out. That being said, I tried to check the live website with the same credential and this issue sounds caching-related because when I check your website while log in to administrator, your website is working fine.

I suggest please clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Hope that helps.

Hello Marc,
thank you!

You could stay logged in with the admin pass i gave you… or not?

yes, in the admin panel the site is working fine, outside in the browser not.
what we do next and what i have to update??

Thanx

Hi @Katjae,

Are you using CDN like Cloudflare on your website? If yes, I suggest that you clear the cache or put it in development mode so that it will get the latest code.

I also strongly suggest that you clear any 3rd party cache associated with your website.

Hope that helps.

I don´t use a CDN, in the general settings are no cache options. i see that the wp-rocket plugin i deaktivated, this plug hase some cache options…
the deaktivation was you ?

Hi @Katjae,

Yes, I tried to deactivate your wp-rocket plugin to see if it will solve your issue but unfortunately, it didn’t work out. If you already clear the cache in your website and you don’t use any CDN. I suspect that your hosting might have a cache for your website, I suggest that you reach them out and ask for assistance.

Hope that helps.

ionos told me that there is no other web cache and the op.cache isn´t active

what we do next?

Hi Katja,

I have checked your staging server by deactivating the WP Staging plugin and found that the pages are showing properly without logged in. I have also checked that the Cornerstone page builder is also working properly.
By seeing all the above scenarios, it can be assumed that the cache is the reason behind your issue. As my colleague says, it might be any server-level cache that creates the problem.

I would suggest you contact your Hosting Service provider once again on this, as we don’t have any control over any type of cache.

Thanks

…but they told me before that there is just cdn and the op.cache to be cached from the hosting side.
both of them are not active…

what can we do, what´s next?

I have found it.

It was the minifiing im my caching Plugin… I have disabled the whole minifiing and the site is working.

Tomorrow i´ll take a look what ist happened with that.

Many thanx to you guys!!

Hi @Katjae,

We’re glad that you’re able to figure it out! If you have any other concerns or clarification regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.