Need Header 2 To Be a Different Font Weight Than Other Headers

Hi there,

I have set my headings in theme options to be extra bold, however I need my h2 to be medium font weight.

I have custom CSS to address the issue however it’s only working to change the font colors, not the weights.

A snippet of my custom CSS code:
h1,
h2,
h3,
h4,
h5,
h6,
.h1,
.h2,
.h3,
.h4,
.h5,
.h6
{
margin: 0em 0 0em;
font-family: ‘Poppins’;
font-weight: bold;
letter-spacing: 0px;
text-rendering: optimizelegibility;
color: #575757;

small {
font-weight: normal;
line-height: 1;
color: $grayLight;
}

a {
color: #7a0039;

&:hover {
  color: #7a0039;
}

}
}

h1,
.h1 {
margin-top: 0em;
font-size: 350%;
font-weight: 800;
color: #575757;
text-transform: none;
}

h2,
.h2 {
margin-top: 0em;
font-size: 2em;
font-weight: 500;
color: #FBE14E;
text-transform: uppercase;
}

Thoughts?

Hi Samantha,

Thank you for writing in, but regretfully we cant provide support for any customization.

I see on your h2 you have font-weight: 500; make sure that font-weight 500 is available for whatever font you’re using. Your font might have only 400 and 700 font-weight loaded on the site.

If you are unfamiliar with code and resolving potential conflicts, you may opt-in on our One service for further assistance.

Cheers,

Wow, lol.

Well I always thought this theme was the best, but I guess it’s not. Have built so many sites on X and Pro but to have no solution for such a simple request is mind blowing. Avada theme is cheaper and offers this option natively. Definitely consider including this possibility for future updates…

And yeah, Poppins has 500 font weight loaded… Thanks for that brilliant thought.
And clearly I’m familiar with code… The custom CSS shows that I understand how to manipulate themes, however this theme is broken and doesn’t offer the options it should in 2021.

And you want me to pay more money for such a simple requirement?! Unreal.

Be better.

@TheSamanthaRay — your attitude towards these support reps is quite disconcerting.

RE: Price — First of all, X is cheaper than Avada (by $1). But sure, if you’re referring to Pro, then yes, it costs $19 more. But it is nowhere near the caliber that Pro is… at all…

RE: “offers this option natively” — Both X and Pro offer this option natively:

There are a variety of reasons why your Poppins font isn’t working, but a little cooperation with the support staff might get you further on your journey than your unnecessary rude attacks.

:point_up: You really should try. Maybe start by providing a URL for your site so that others can actually help you.

1 Like

Hi @Foundation,

Thanks for sharing your feedback, we really appreciate it.

@TheSamanthaRay , you can always define the custom font you want in your header element. Just click the header element and go to the format section to see the options.

Please make sure that you added your font in the font manager so that it will visible in the choices.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.