Need access to other account

Hi. I’m hoping you can help with a quandary. Long story short: My client used another developer to create a site using X theme 7 months ago. The site was made live and has basically just sat there for 7 months. The original developer has disappeared, leaving us with 1) no WordPress admin username/password to get into the site and 2) no Themeco account info.

Client wants to make changes to site and obviously there are theme/plugin/WordPress updates to do after 7 months. I’m trying to clean up the mess. I was able to FTP my way into our dev site and create a new user, giving me access to WordPress admin. (We use Pantheon so we have dev, test and live environments.) But I’m getting all sorts of errors when I try to update X. Based on other support threads, it looks like I need to do a manual install … but I have no account info to download the zip file. It appears that maybe the developer never registered/validated this copy of X? That’s very likely.

The username (jenga47)/account I am writing to you from now is for another site using X theme that I built (same client) so I’m familiar with the theme.

So … is there any way you can verify that X was purchased for the web site duedilnet.com? This is the one that was abandoned. I can provide some possible e-mail addresses the account would be under if that helps.

If we have a valid account/copy of X, could we possibly transfer it over to my account? I’m open to other ideas as well to solve this mess. Thanks!

Hi there,

Unfortunately, you need to be the owner of the account to be able to use or do changes regarding the licenses. If you can not enter the account or use the email of the account to reset the password then, unfortunately, we can not do anything and I am sure you will understand that it is a security matter of our customers.

I checked the database and found out one user which has the same username but it does not register the license to duedilnet.com

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.