Navlink - Accordion Bug - weird URL

We have a Course page with normal text elements and accordion to allow users minimise/expand the content. We have also put a Nav link on the sidebar that is sticky positioned to allow users to navigate between headings(bookmarks) on the page. They are styled so that each nav link is highlighted when the user scrolls to the bookmarked section of the page.

The nav links itself works when you click the buttons and takes you to the right section - but the issue the Active link when manually scrolling. The active link doesn’t work properly with the Accordion. If you scroll on the Accordion Headings, the nav active links are not correlated.

(tested with normal text elements and it works - only happens for accordion items)

Also for some reason '#faq" is being inputted on the url on first load. This stops if you remove Toggle Hash for the Accordion headings. This problem appears for the other # bookmarks if I activate the Toggle hash for them.

Hey @bobbyninetoes,

Thanks for writing in!

Make sure that the Accordion element is “Grouped”.

Do you happen to have a redirection? I also noticed that the “#faq” is added to the URL. I would love to check that page. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi,
I have now Grouped the accordion and it removed the ‘#faq’. Weird. Even if it isnt Grouped, it shouldnt add that on the URL

But the problem is: the Active Link feature is still not working.

Any news on this? It’s a bug right?

hello??? Any news on this?

Please note that the solution is NOT to Group the accordion. Because what if I don’t want to group the accordion items, does that mean that the nav link will not work at all? it doesn’t make sense it wont work just because I didn’t group the accordion items.

Our clients may want to keep all accordion items expanded to see all information.

So please resolve this bug as soon as you can as we need to publish our new site ASAP.

regards

Hey @bobbyninetoes,

When I test your site I am experiencing this:

• see the secure note.

The accordion is no longer grouped and the Navlink has an active state.

Thanks.

Please read my messages properly…or maybe I didn’t explain it correctly for which I am sorry. So, please: Expand all of the accordion items and then manually scroll using the scroll bar or the right of the browser. You will see the active link not matching the bookmark.

As you’ve shown on the video, if you click the nav links, it goes to the right bookmark. That is not the problem. I know it works. The problem is if you manually use the scrollbar.

Also, it shouldn’t need to be Grouped for this to work. What if I want to keep it ungrouped because our clients wants to expand all of accordion item content? Does that mean you will leave this bug and just force us to group it? This is issue has nothing to do with the items being grouped or not. It should work even if it is ungrouped.

Hello @bobbyninetoes,

I would not recommend using the Accordion item for a one-page navigation since this seems to be the goal here. Be advised that the Accordion element is not built and is not intended to work for the navigation. It is a content element. Since all accordion items need not to grouped and possibly be expanded by default, I would suggest that you use Section elements instead and you can insert the Section ID to be used in the side navigation links like #faqs.

Hope this helps.

How about a Text element? That’s a “content element”, right? Why does it work with that then?

I’ve also tried with a custom Accordion(pure html,css,js), and again it works. So basically, what you’re trying to say is that (you) Themeco didn’t build your accordion and navigation to work like they normally should (because a pure html/css/js accordion works with your nav - try it if you want). So my question is why not? And why suggest to me to use Section elements instead of making it work as they’re intended to work in HTML and CSS?

You’re right about all accordion items need not to be grouped and possibly expanded by default - but we want to give that option to our users as they are so busy and don’t need to see rows and rows of content. They can choose to expand content they want more info of. So, why not just try and make it work as it should?

Please just let me know if Themeco doesn’t want to fix this because I can just develop a bespoke accordion that will work (which defeats the purpose of having a website builder).

Hey @bobbyninetoes,

I will forward this thread to our developers so that they can look into the issue and be able to give use something on this matter.

Thank you.

thank you, that’s very much appreciated!

We’ll have a fix for the weird hash issues you are experiencing in a point release or two. Have a great day.

Thanks Charlie!!! that’s amazing news!

You are most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.