Navigation on mobile devices won't collapse - hamburger does nothing

Hi there,

I’ve seen many topics on this, but no answers that solve my issue. I am using the most recent versions of both WordPress (5.7.2) and X Theme (8.3.3).

My issue is this: the main navigation when viewed on mobile is defaulted to open, with the hamburger button not working at all. I’m not sure which update changed this, but it’s been like that for at least a few months.

What I want is for the menu to be hidden unless the user clicks on the hamburger icon (thus displaying the menu).

URL is https://valleyhelicopters.ca

I’ve spent considerable time already on trying to figure out a solution, and have scoured the forum.

Thank you for your attention to this,

AH

Hi @boldfishcreative,

Thank you for reaching out to us. This usually happens due to the third party plugin/script conflict or a cache issue as I see the content of your site is being served by the cache, to isolate the issue, please do the following troubleshooting first:

1. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  2. CHILD THEME
  3. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  4. DISABLING CACHE
  5. DISABLING CDN
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

If the issue persists then please get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thanks!

Hi there,

I’ve narrowed it down to the Child theme - but it’s not my coding from what I can tell. It’s certainly not the .css, functions.php file, or login folder. I’ve played around with disabling each of those or removing the code within them altogether.

So I’m not sure what’s off here. Could be in the integrity stack within the child theme?

It was never a problem before. I’m not sure which update cause this to become an issue.

details removed by staff

I have done a backup of the site, so if you could take a look at the child theme files and let me know where the problem is located, it would be appreciated.

Ali

Hello Ali,

Thanks for updating in! I have investigated the issue and this is because you are using outdated framework structure in your child theme. Most of the files were relocated to the framework/legacy/cranium/. You will need to compare your child theme’s file structure with the parent theme’s file structure and move the files to their respective locations:

Kindly let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.