Navigation Off Canvas not scrolling properly

Hi there,

I’m using an off canvas navigation for a site. There is a submenu with 15 pages listed, which needs to scroll on mobile when opened.

The problem is that the menu seems to be sticking and not scrolling properly.

Please see the site here

I have tried it with body scroll enabled and disabled. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Alexis

Hi Alexis,

Thank you for writing in, yes I can see the issue on your site, but I can not replicate it on my dev site, there might be a plugin causing it on your end. Please do testing for a plugin conflict.

If the issue persists, please provide us login credentials on a “Secure Note” so we can take a closer look.

Cheers,

Hi Friech,

So I’ve created a staging site, and i disabled all plugins. Unfortunately, the issue is still present.

I’m attaching creds if you wouldn’t mind taking a look, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

Hi Alexis,

Thank you for the credentials, it is working, however, something is not right on this /wp2/ staging, whenever I try to access any of the builder (Header, Footer, Content, Layout) it redirects to /wp/wp-login.php, we need to check the header.

Cheers,

Hi Friech,

That’s very strange. I made your user account, logged out, logged back in with your account to make sure it worked and it was fine. Now your user account is gone.

I have no explanation, but I’m sorry about that!

Made a new account and tested it, creds are attached. Hopefully it works this time!

Hello Alexis,

There are several JS errors on your site. I also found out that there are 8 plugins that are out dated. Please make sure to update everything to get rid of the JS errors because these errors usually affect the behaviour of the modal and off-canvas elements. After your updates, please also make sure to purge your site cache. Your hosting may have a caching feature the loads cached version of the site.

Kindly let us know how it goes after the updates. Thanks.

Hi Ruenel,

Ok, so I’ve updated the plugins, and spoke with my host. He said there isn’t site caching for this one.

I was able to get my web guy to take a look and this is what he found:

"Hey Alexis, I’ve taken a look at the problem. It seems the error we’re getting is “[Intervention] Ignored attempt to cancel a touchmove event with cancelable=false, for example because scrolling is in progress and cannot be interrupted.” This seems to be a javascript issue in the theme. It only appears during a touch event. So the problem specifically only shows up in phones/tablets where it has to use the touch feature. "

This is a little over my head, so please let me know what you think…

Thanks!!

Alexis

Hi Alexis,

Thanks for the info, it seems the issue is caused by the Smooth Scroll plugin. I deactivated it for now so the menu will work properly.

We will check this further on our dev site to confirm if it’s a bug and report to the dev team.

Cheers,

Hi Friech,

Ahhh, I didn’t even think of that, makes sense though…

Sounds good. Thanks again for your help!

Alexis

You are most welcome Alexis

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.