Navigation Collapsed Toggle Issue

I’ve experienced this on a couple of my sites recently.

On desktop only (not a problem on mobile), When you hover over the toggle, the interaction triggers just fine, but when you click to reveal the off canvas menu, nothing happens. However, sometimes, if I scroll to the bottom of the page and back to the top and try again, it will work. This issue occurs on both Safari and Chrome, and does not appear to be the result of a plugin or theme conflict, and there is no additional CSS. Does anyone have any idea what might cause something like this to occur?

Hi Ken,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Can you confirm that you are fully updated? (Theme and Plugins)

You can find the latest version numbers here: (https://theme.co/docs/version-compatibility) Then you can compare them to what’s installed on your site. If you find anything to be out of date, you can review our update guide.

This usually happens due to third party plugin or script conflict, if you have already tested it out the then please check for the following first:

1. CHILD THEME
  2. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  3. DISABLING CACHE
  4. DISABLING CDN
  5. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

If the issue persists then please get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thanks!

Yes, as I wrote in the initial post, it does not seem to be any of those things. Everything is up to date.

Hi Ken,

I have checked your website and didn’t find the issue you described in your post. The Navigation toggle works fine and shows the Off-Canvas every time. What I assume is that it might be an issue with the cache, I would suggest you check once by clearing all types of cache and in incognito/private mode of the browser.

And also remember that the Toggle works only if the page loads completely, during the page load the click will not open the Off-Canvas.

Thanks

Thanks @tristup. I think it was just that I wasn’t waiting long enough for the page to fully load. Makes sense now!

Cheers!

You are most welcome, Ken!
We are really glad @Tristup was able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.