Navigation bar moved since update

I’ve spent most of the day trying to work out how to move my navigation bar back to the top of my page - after the update caused it to move into the left side bar position (see pic). I can’t access any widgets (page is blank). Please somebody help me.

Hello Simon,

Thanks for writing in!

When I check your site, I could not replicate the issue. The navigation seems to display in the right place as expected:

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

And please clear your browser cache too. You may use private browsing mode in testing your site to make sure that you are viewing the latest codes from the updates and not the cached version in your browser.

It could also be caused by a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

Testing for Plugin Conflict
Child Theme
CSS/JS Customization
Disabling Cache
Disabling CDN

If after trying all of the above things you are still experiencing problems, we would love to check your site settings You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi Ruenel. Thanks for getting back to me and for your help. It’s still all left sided on most of my Apple gear - ie phone, Mac, iPad. I’ve tried clearing cache, deactivating all plugins etc. Still seem to have the problem. Will send login and let you have a look. Thanks again.

Hello Simon,

I tried to access your site’s dashboard but the given credentials are not working. Please recheck and send us again.

Thanks

Hi. I’m sorry you’ve not been able to access the username and password are correct but I’m having a nightmare removing the 2 factor authentication - any suggestions please?

Hey Simon,

You might have installed an authenticator plugin. Please contact your web host to remove the plugin for you. They will log in to your server and delete the authenticator plugin folder inside the WordPress plugin folder.

Hi. Please can you try again now. I’ve sorted this.

Hi Simon,

I have checked your website but didn’t find the issue you described here. It might be some issue with cache, I would suggest you check once by clearing all types of cache and in the incognito/private mode of the browser.

Thanks

Thanks for your help. I’ve cleared all the cache, history etc on my iPad and phone and it’s still doing the same thing. I have several adult children and I’ve asked them all to check. It’s working ok in Chrome but Safari is intermittent. Edge on my wife’s laptop doesn’t load page properly but works on my sons. Absolutely bizarre.

Hi Simon,

This is really weird, I would suggest you check the following article on how to clear the Safari browser cache.

https://www.businessinsider.in/tech/how-to-clear-the-cache-on-a-safari-browser-to-make-it-run-more-efficiently/articleshow/68567561.cms

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Thanks I’ll take a look at this

Hi Simon,

You are most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.