Nav bar issues and styling

I’m building a new site on the App demo - thanks, by the way, it’s saving me a chunk of time!

Here is the site: https://imbali.storiesandscience.co.za/

I’m experiencing some issues with the nav bar, and I need your help with some styling changes, as follows:

  1. The nav bar width is correct on site load, but as soon as I start scrolling down, the nav bar jumps and extra space is added at the top.
  2. I want to have a transparent background for the nav bar on site load, and then ease in a solid white background when the user starts scrolling down.
  3. I have one-page navigation on the home page. All of the links show their active state - in other words, green and underlined - and I want these links to be gray (like Contact and Blog).

Have a super week!
Ian

Hi There,

1- Could not replicate the issue, are you still experiecing it? On which browser and device you are experiencing the issue?

2- The given credentials are not working, but please try:

Add the following code to Theme Options > CSS

.x-navbar-wrap {
height: auto !important;
}

.x-navbar {
background-color:transparent;
border:0;
box-shadow:none;
position: fixed;
width:100%;
}

.x-navbar-solid {
background-color:white;
}

Add the following code to Theme Options JS

jQuery(function($) {
$(window).scroll(function(){
if($(window).scrollTop() >50) {
$(’.x-navbar’).addClass(“x-navbar-solid”);
}else {
$(’.x-navbar’).removeClass(“x-navbar-solid”);
}
});
});

If that does not work, please provide working login credentials.

3- As you have a mixed menu, you need to create two different menus on Appereance > Menus.

One,as you have it, with the absolute links :slight_smile:

https://imbali.storiesandscience.co.za/#what-we-do

And other with relative links as just :

#what-we-do

This second menu that you will create will be the menu that you will assign as your One Page Navigation Menu.

Hope it helps!

Hi Joao,

Thanks for your help! I’ve updated the login details in the secure note and tested it - you should have access now.

  1. Yes, the issue still persists. Using Chrome on MacOS.
  2. This is working. I would like the solid white background to ease in - how do I achieve that?
  3. This is working 100% - thanks!

Hi,

For no. 1 Add this in Custom > CSS

.home .x-navbar {
   position:fixed;
   width:100%;
   top:0;
}

For no. 2 Add this in Custom > CSS

.x-navbar-solid {
    transition: background-color 0.5s ease;
    background-color: white !important;
}

Hope that helps.

Success! Thanks for the team effort, Paul and Joao.

Great I am glad you figured it out.