My website says "there has been a critical error on this website"

It’s showing on my website digitalnomadquest.com

seems like it shows on the home page and nowhere else.

I spoke with hostgator and they gave me the exact error which i’ll add in secure note.

Hi @digitalnomadquest,

It looks like at some point you added a customized version of the Recent Posts shortcode that was modifed to include an excerpt, and retrieved it via an old function called cs_get_raw_excerpt that has been moved and renamed. The way we generate excerpts dynamically is a bit different now and renaming the function helped us clarify our intentions. That particular function is only used in couple places related to social sharing and I wanted to help our development team know that it shouldn’t be used generically anymore.

Can you try editing your child theme and replacing cs_get_raw_excerpt with cs_get_excerpt_for_social? See if that helps get things working again.

It’s possible that the fatal error could throw things off with ConvertKit as well. Once this first issue is resolved, let us know if you’re still having that problem and we can take a closer look.

Hi, I can’t edit in cornerstone it’s giving me an error. How do I do this? Would you be able to go into the admin dashboard for me? I used the secure note.

UPDATE - my friend fixed this for me. Thanks! Had another question though about the convertkit short code. It is now currently working but is it possible to make the pop up show globally across the website? Instead of just on the home page currently where it is

Hello Sharon,

It is good to know that the issue has been fixed already. As for the Convertkit shortcode, where did you inserted it? If you want it to display globally, you will have to insert it in your footer area or with a custom code that injects the shortcode globally.

Please provide us access in a secure note so that we can check how did you manage to display Convertkit on a page. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Hope this makes sense.

Changing name of cs_get_raw_excerpt function broke my site, too, FYI.

Hi Sharon,

I have visited your website but didn’t find the mentioned issue anymore. Can you please confirm if that issue still exists?

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.