My Site Is Ruined After Update

Not sure what happened after this update but my site is now ruined. I’ve tried to create a new page and load a template and my templates are now ruined also. I’ve tried deactivating everything but cornerstone but it’s still the same so I believe cornerstone is the problem. None of the columns or rows are separated as they should be. There’s no background image as there should be. I haven’t installed anything new either. Thanks for any help

My site is:

Hello Garry,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be the issue of version compatibility issue or plugin conflict issue. Please make sure your theme, plugins are updated as per our version compatibility page. I also noticed that there is some JS console error it might be due to custom code or plugin conflict. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache
  5. Disabling Cdn

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copy your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thanks for your response! I’m positive it’s not a plugin conflict because, as I said, I already deactivated everything but cornerstone and the problem was still persistent. I have no idea what a js console error is. I’m no professional web designer/dev by a long stretch and I know very minimal code. Regardless, I did see some code in the global css/js which I deleted. The problem still persists. The sql and wordpress versions were up to date. The PHP was on 7.3 and I upgraded to 8 but still the same results. I don’t see any options to clear the cache and I have no clue what a CDN is or how to find it. I’ll send my details in a secure note

Hi Garry,

The given credentials are not working, can you please check and send it once again.

Thanks

Sorry about that I’ve updated the secure note

Hello Garry,

You are using an incompatible X theme (9.08) and the Cornerstone plugin (6.1.4) version. Could you please update to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:

• X theme 9.1.4
  • Cornerstone 6.1.4
  • WordPress 5.8
  • PHP 7.4

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog:

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache, or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you so much. Updating my theme was the solution!

You are most welcome, Garry!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.