My search button not working

WP, Theme and Plugins are all updated. I’ve disabled all plugins to make sure it is not a Plugin conflict. Search button is still not working. Page cache is cleared.

Can you please help me understand why my search button is not working?

Link: http://ravno.staging.wpengine.com/

Look forward to hearing from you!

Christoffer

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Upon checking, I see that you don’t have Cornerstone plugin installed on your site which is the reason that your content also not rendering properly (see secure note).

Please install Cornerstone plugin by head over to X -> Validation section. Just wait for few seconds to automatically install the latest version. If not you can locate the cornerstone.zip plugin file under your X theme (x/frameowrk/plugins/) to manually install the plugin. Test your site once you have installed and activate your Cornerstone plugin.

Hope that helps.
Thanks!

Hi Mldarshana,
thanks for responding! I disabled all plugins to make sure there was no plugin conflict causing the problem. I appreciate you pointing out that my site is not rendering right, and yes, I’m aware of that. But it’s not really the problem I am trying to address. My problem is that the search button is not working at all. Upon clicking the butten, all I get is an added ‘#’ attached to the URL.

However, I have now enabled Cornorstone. Again theme and all Plugins are up to date. All the other plugins are disabled (except Cornorstone).

Are you able to trace the reason for the search botton not working?

Look forward to hearing from you again soon!

Hi,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

  • Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password

All the best!

Please find secure note below

Hi There,

I have gone through most of the basic configurations and settings, regenerated permalink settings etc, but I could not isolate the issue.

Could you please try re-installing X theme & Cornerstone plugin and see if that helps. You can safely delete X theme by switching to a default WordPress theme and also delete Cornerstone plugin. All the current settings will be saved in the database.

If that doesn’t help, we will require your FTP credentials to investigate this issue further.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.