My menu is messed up!

Hi, Themeco people.

I recently dealt with a Slider Revolution-related conflict, since resolved. But in that process, possibly coincidentally, my website’s menu turned from reasonable into ugly and super intrusive.

I have NO idea what happened and can’t find a way to fix it. Help!

I’m attaching a screenshot of what the menu looks like now. I don’t have a screenshot of the way it was before because, well, i didn’t know i would need one. But it’s supposed to lay along the top of the screen, right below my logo ribbon, blue font against a white background, and only expand when someone hovers their mouse over a menu item.

The way the menu is right now, its main levels are automatically expanded all the time. Hovering over a menu to item to get to subitems makes it even longer. Ugh!

Apologies for how difficult the menu is to read. I’ve changed my visited links color to purple (thanks for your help with that). And the menu’s not supposed to be against a dark blue background; it’s supposed to be white, which would make the purple font super readable.

Let me know what other information you might need from my end – login info or anything else.

Thanks so much!

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for reaching out.
Sometimes the only screenshot doesn’t help us to recognize the issue you are having. We need to examine your site to determine the cause of the issue. Can you please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

NOTE: I have checked the listed site and staging site in your Themeco Account but those are not accessible.

Thanks

Hey Shannon,

When I checked your menu, I did not see any menu items.

Did you happen to use a 3rd party menu plugin?

Thanks.

Hi, ruenel. Thanks for looking into this.

I’m not sure exactly where you’re at. But when i look here, in Customize, i have a menu designated:

Menu

and

And i’m not using a third-party plugin. I did initially build a menu with Max Mega Menu but ended up deleting it because it didn’t seem like the plugin was accessble.

Hi Shannon,

The problem you are facing is due to the Mega Menu plugin, I have deactivated it temporarily and the menu started working as expected. I would suggest you deactivate it and check once again.

Thanks

Yep, you’re totally right. Problem fixed.

I forgot i even still had those plugins installed. I bet what happened is that i deactivated everything to test the Slider Revolution plugin and then didn’t pay attention when i was reactivating things.

I’ve deactivated them again, and the menu now looks great.

Time to delete them before i can do this again.

Thank you again, tristup. I really appreciate it.

Hey Shannon,

You’re most welcome and we’re glad that it is now working properly on your end.

Cheers!