My favicon is a red lock, and I can't change it!

Hi there!

My favicon is a red lock icon, seemingly by default, and I can’t change it. I’ve tried to change it in Customize -> Site Icon by inserting the correct sized images for the Touch Icon and Tile Icon, but nothing changes. I don’t know what to put into the box that says ‘Favicon (Set Path to Image Below)’.

On a friend’s computer the favicon for my site shows up as blank, not as a red lock.

My site is www.chrispalmer.org

Thanks for your help!

Chris

Hi There,

I could find the <link rel="shortcut icon" href="#"> in your website. This option should be under Customizer > Site Icons > Favicon (Set Path to Image Below):

Could you please also provide us with your admin account so we can take a closer look?

Thanks.

Ah great, it’s working! I just had to put the image URL in the Favicon box. The problem was that I was trying to upload an image instead of using an URL! Thank you for you help!

Chris

Glad to hear it Chris.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.