My cornerstone won't open anymore

Hello,
Unfortunately, my Cornerstone can no longer be opened. An update is available for the x Themes. But not for the Child Themes. This is version 1.0.0. I’m afraid that my adjustments will be lost, so just want to update the child themes. Is there an update from the child themes?
Would that solve my problem and can it lead to problems?
Unfortunately, I am an absolute beginner.
thank you very much
Ralf

Hi Ralf,

Thanks for reaching out!

Just for some idea, the child theme version will always be 1.0.0 and it is not advisable to update or I can say there are no updates available in the Child theme because all the customization of your website is in there. Please check this article for more information.

On the other hand, the reason why the cornerstone won’t open because of the compatibility issue of X and cornerstone plugin. Currently, you have an old X theme version 6.5.4 and an old version of Cornerstone which is 5.0.11 and they are not compatible with each other. First, I suggest that you deactivate and uninstall your cornerstone plugin to avoid any conflict when upgrading your X theme. Second, upgrade your X theme to the latest version and the last thing you should do is install the cornerstone plugin again.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Hello Marc,

thank you so much for your information. I also implemented it that way.
Unfortunately, Cornerstone isn’t opening yet.
I also deactivated my WP Fastest Cache plugin.

What else could I do?

thank you very much

Many greetings
Ralf

Hello Ralf,

It seems that there might be an issue of plugin conflict. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hallo Prakash,
Thanks for the information !

Just a quick question: Could the problem be related to the fact that I still have Wordpress 4.9 and have updated it to 5.6?
Don’t want to cause any further problems. Unfortunately I’m a beginner
greeting
Ralf

Hi Ralf,

Would you mind sharing your WordPress credentials so that we can check and confirm your issue? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi Marc,
that is too risky for me to give out login data. Are there any other ways to help me?

greeting
Ralf

Hello Ralf,

Could you please confirm that you have updated to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:

• X theme 8.1.5
  • Cornerstone 5.1.5
  • WordPress 5.6
  • PHP 7.4

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog:

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP Fastest Cache, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

If nothing is helping, we should need to login to your site so we can investigate your issue further.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi Ruenel,

thank you very much for your advice. It was due to the update on php 7.4.
Now everything is working again. Thank you !!!
Ralf

You are most welcome Ralf.
If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.