My Content Carousel just Disappeared?

Hi,

My Content Carousel just Disappeared??? I haven’t turned it off and I didn’t realize it wasn’t there either as I can see it when I am logged into wordpress and in edit mode. As soon as I log out and view my website it is no longer there. I have not changed anything. My host updated my site to the newest wordpress 5.5 today could this have caused it?

I have cleared the cache, deactivated a few plugins I recently added and this did not affect it.

I have a child theme and some color changes to the carousel coded in with the help of this forum which is all working fine when I am logged in to word press

• but simply vanish when looking at my site like a regular user.

Samantha

Hi Samantha,

Thanks for reaching out.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

As I am doing all of the above suggested I am finding that the carousel disappears totally when I go into the cornerstone theme editor?

I turn the carousel option on and off and nothing happens, it isn’t even on the page?? I go back into gutenberg and it is there.

I have gone through the suggestions and so I am sending my log in details in a secure note

Hi Samantha,

WordPress upgrdation can be a reason of this issue, we are currently testing our themes and plugins with the updated version of WordPress, theme and bundled plugins will be released after it has passed our test.
Please check the version compatibility page if the latest versions are already available.

I would suggest you downgrade the WordPress version of your website, till the updated version of the theme & plugin released.
To downgrade the WordPress version you can get help from here: https://soliloquywp.com/how-to-downgrade-wordpress-to-an-older-version/

Hope it helps.

Thanks

1 Like

I used the plugin as suggested on the soliloquy website and downgraded to 5.4.2 It was definitely the wordpress update to 5.5 as the carousel is now back on my site and everything seems to be working fine

Hopefully the theme update will be out soon so i can reupgrade to 5.5 and stay up to date.

Samantha

I’ve also noticed a lot of issues with the new wordpress 5.5 update which affects the xtheme. Downgrade is the only solution here

Hi Samantha and Kosta,

Our developers are making sure that the X/Pro theme is compatible with the latest version of WordPress. Just bear with us and there will be an automatic update on our themes and bundled plugins and will be available in your WordPress updates page.

Thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.