Multiple portfolio templates

I have two different portfolios, I’d like each to have a different wp-single-x-portfolio.php layout, how can I accomplish this? Thanks.

Hi there,

It is not possible to do that in WordPress but you can add a page template and assign it to all the portfolio items that you want to have another view. To do so please kindly read the original WordPress page template creation article:

A good example of the Page Template in our theme which you can see how we coded is the portfolio page template:

wp-content/themes/x/single-x-portfolio.php

Thank you.

Thank you so much,
I was attempting to auto set it up through https://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/168754/create-single-php-for-specific-category-by-category-id but I couldn’t make it work with portfolio.

Custom templates work fine enough.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! Regretfully integrating the code from the stackexchange url is already a custom development which is outside the scope of our support. We can only guide how to get started and you will be the one to implement it in your site. By the way, could you please explain first what kind of layout do you want? At the moment, the default single portfolio post layout is fullwidth. Do you want to add a sidebar in some other items with a specific category? Please keep in mind that more and more layout and elements change would also require additional css styling to fit the look like the current site looks.

Please give further clarifications.

Hello! Sorry for the late reply.

I have two portfolios done through pages as explained by https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/features-portfolios/98, each are populated by 2 different categories and it’s sub categories for sorting.

I would like all single pages from Portfolio 1 to have a complete layout while having Portfolio 2 as a minimalist one:

The templates are done and running, but I haven’t found a way to auto implement each of them to their particular portfolio or their categories.

Alternatively, and since it’s seemingly easier to use a custom template for the whole Portfolio 2 page, I was looking into opening Portfolio items on a Lightbox as described in:

Links do change to go to image, but the Lightbox is not displaying.

Hello There,

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

To do this, you can make a reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

Thank you.