Multiple errors - The [] function is deprecated since version 3.0. Replace with []

Hi,

I am experiencing a lot of order cancellations and customers saying they have been kicked out - not sure at what stage of their checkout.

Looking at the error log, this came up - attached. I think this could be the reason. woocommerce is updated to 3.3.4 as of today, I looked at the woocommerce>status page and there are no files that need to be manually overwritten, yet the deprecated errors still come up. Various people online submitted this error to woocommerce from what I see, and they were referred it back to the theme. Your assistance would be great here …

Hello @charlesh77,

Thanks for writing in! :slight_smile:

It seems it’s an installation issue.

Please try deleting Woocomerce from Plugins > Installed Plugins and reinstall version 3.3.3 Validation > Extensions > Woocomerce.

Once done, update it to version 3.3.4.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Hi,

I have updated as you instructed and it is still logging as in the image attachment.Would this be a reason people are getting kicked out of a cart page ? I can make a purchase in sandbox mode but because of all these errors, im wondering if that is the reason some customers cannot checkout. Please advise …thanks

Hello There,

I have check our latest codes and I can confirm we are now utilizing those latest functions. Make sure you are using updated PRO or X/Cornerstone. If you do have other woocommerce plugin addons, make sure that they are updated too. At this point it’s hard to say where the error is coming from without testing. If you can duplicate the error and then give us on which part pf the process failed that would be better. If you are certain, please share us credentials inside a secure note so we can double check.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.