Moving my theme & content to a new wordpress installation

Hi there,

I have been developing a site in cornerstone on a Wordpress instance that’s located at the URL mysite.com/testsite.

Now that I’m ready to publish the site, I’d like to migrate the theme & content to a different wordpress instance that sits at mysite.com.

Do you have any guidance on how I can move both the theme, the content and the assets (images) without losing anything? (And without having to manually recreate it.

Thanks!

Dave

your best bet is using a plugin and not doing it manually. check out plugins like Duplicator and UpdraftPlus (my personal fave) - but there are all kinds of site migrator plugs out there.

1 Like

Hello @prager,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

As suggest by @madvibes it’s a good idea to use a plugin as that will offload lot of manual work that you may have to do while migrating the website form dev server to production environment. I have personally used UpdraftPlus and it works quite well. Here are some article that you can refer to migrate.

https://updraftplus.com/faqs/how-do-i-migrate-to-a-new-site-location/


Hope that helps.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.