Moving from staging to live

Hi! I’m having trouble transferring a page a made on a staging site over to a live site. I selected the text version (that shows all the shortcodes) on the staging version and copied and pasted that over to a new page on the live version. When I saved it and previewed the page, it didn’t show any of the body content, just the header and footer from the page template.

What is the best way to copy a page layout and content from one place to another like that?

HI there,

Thanks for writing in.

If you’re trying to migrate an entire site then you should use migration plugin or service, it’s more recommended than doing it manually.

If you’re just transferring the content then it’s best to export your content as template. In your builder, go to Template > Save > Download, it will download the content as a template in which you can import to your live site in the same process (just do upload instead of save).

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.