Moving content between pages

As we build our site, we’ve made some info-architecture choices, which breaks some content from a single page into multiple pages.

For instance, I have a “People” section which is in a current “About” page. In the interest of reducing page length, we are breaking the team to its own page. Is there a way for us to move that to a new created page without rebuilding it in the visual editor?

I know that the code for it is:
[cs_element_section _id="12"][cs_element_row _id="13"][cs_element_column _id="14"][cs_element_headline _id="15"][cs_element_gap _id="16"][/cs_element_column][/cs_element_row][cs_element_row _id="22"][cs_element_column _id="23"][cs_element_headline _id="24"][cs_element_line _id="25"][cs_element_text _id="26"][cs_element_gap _id="27"][/cs_element_column][cs_element_column _id="28"][cs_element_headline _id="29"][cs_element_line _id="30"][cs_element_text _id="31"][cs_element_gap _id="32"][/cs_element_column][/cs_element_row][cs_element_row _id="37"][cs_element_column _id="38"][cs_element_gap _id="39"][/cs_element_column][/cs_element_row][cs_element_row _id="45"][cs_element_column _id="46"][cs_element_headline _id="47"][cs_element_line _id="48"][cs_element_text _id="49"][cs_element_gap _id="50"][/cs_element_column][cs_element_column _id="51"][cs_element_headline _id="52"][cs_element_line _id="53"][cs_element_text _id="54"][cs_element_gap _id="55"][/cs_element_column][/cs_element_row][cs_element_row _id="60"][cs_element_column _id="61"][cs_element_gap _id="62"][/cs_element_column][/cs_element_row][/cs_element_section]

If I could somehow move that into the new page, that would be ideal. If it can’t be done, then copy-paste content between pages, or moving a section to a new page via drop-down menu or similar, would be a VERY welcome feature.

Hi There,

On Cornerstone you have the template function which is ideal for that.

Access your page via Cornerstone, beside the section tab you will find templates.

Click templates, save it to library as a block.

You can now remove the parts you don’t need on this page.

Create a new page, edit with Cornerstone, templates, insert block.

Hope it helps

Interesting! I’ll learn more about Templates. Thanks.

You are welcome :slight_smile:

It is really useful, if you save as a page, it will overwrite the content of the destination page, so I prefer to always use as a block as it offers more flexibility, you also can download the templates and transfer content or designs trough different websites.

Hope it helps!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.