Move the Navigation of the Classic Tabs element to the Bottom

Hi!
I’m trying to move the navigation of the “Classic Tabs” element to the bottom (instead of the top or right/left).

Original

Desired

Using the following JS I can successfully move the navigation row in the DOM but it seems to break the navigation itself so clicking on the titles doesn’t change the tab.

jQuery(document).ready(function($){
    $('div.x-tab-content').insertBefore(‘ul.x-nav.x-nav-tabs.five-up.top');
});

Is there a better way of doing this or could this be accomplished with CSS instead of JS?
I am also open to recreating this type of content area with other elements if thats makes more sense.

Thanks!

HI there,

You might get some ideas from here: https://stackoverflow.com/a/28159766 which is a CSS solution in reordering elements.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the suggestion Jade, that approach actually worked perfectly!
For anyone stumbling on this in the future, I applied a custom class of “.tabs-nav-bottom” to the Classic Tabs element and added the following CSS to the page

.tabs-nav-bottom { display: table; }
.tabs-nav-bottom.x-nav-tabs { display: table-footer-group; }
.tabs-nav-bottom.x-tab-content  { display: table-header-group; }

Thanks again and have a great day!

Glad to hear the suggestion helped and thanks for sharing the solution. :slight_smile:

Have a great day as well!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.