Modern Events Calendar won't update

I have modern events calendar installed from X theme repository and I’ve having issues where bookings don’t show up. While looking into this, I noticed that the site is only running version 6.3.0 but the newest version is 6.6.2 and it’s not able to update.

How do I get the plugin to update? I tried deactivating it and activating it again from X theme repository and that didn’t help. There are a lot of event loaded that I can’t risk losing…

Please help!

BTW, using original X theme (not Pro) version 9.1.4 with child theme Version: 1.0.0 from Themeco. WP version 5.9

Hello, @newskywebsites,

Thanks for writing to us.

I checked your site it seems that you are using the quite older version of the Modern Events Calendar 6.3.0. I would suggest you please take a backup of your site files and database then delete the plugin and reinstall the plugin from the X theme bundled plugin.

Or to be on the safe side I would suggest you, please copy your live site to a staging server and deactivate and delete the plugin then reinstall the plugin. After installing the latest plugin if it doesn’t work for you I would suggest you please share your admin login details of the staging server. If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

I checked with my hosting company (Flywheel) and they double-checked and confirmed that the permissions were set correctly, so nothing on the server-side should be blocking the plugin. I will try your latest instructions.

I deactivated and deleted the Modern Events Calendar plugin then re-installed it through the X Theme repository and all of the events were gone. That’s not going to work. I re-installed the backup and created a staging site. I’ll send the login to staging now.

Hello @newskywebsites,

To safely remove or re install the MEC plugin without affecting the MEC events data, you can do the following:
1.) Go to the Plugins section and deactivate the MEC plugin
2.) Log in to your FTP and browse to the plugins folder, wp-content/plugins/
3.) Find the modern-events-calendar folder
4.) Delete the folder
5.) Go back to your WP dashboard and in X > Extensions section, re install the MEC plugin. Make sure that you have validated the X theme so that you can install the plugin.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.