Modern Events Calendar update please

Hey Folks, I know you’re aware and working on this but how much longer?? I thought it would have been addressed with the last major update. I’m getting worried you’ll ditch it in favor of something else.

Hey Gregg,

Thanks for reaching out!

I’ll add this as a feature request to that it will be taken into action in the future.

Cheers!

Thanks @marc_a,
It would be helpful if Theme.co would commit to a timeline for getting this updated. We depend on our WordPress website for our college recruitment efforts as well as our advancement campaigns. We’ve been waiting months for this to get worked out. In the meantime, I’m not sure if the errors we’re experiencing with regards to the add-ons are a function of the plugin being out of date or incompatibility with the Pro theme. It sure would help if you could give us a more solid answer than we’re working on it.

I couldn’t agree more. You can’t offer the plugin as a perk and then fail to keep it updated. That’s like offering someone a half baked birthday cake.

1 Like

Upgrade is going up. Should see a note to upgrade within the week. Let us know if you have any issues with this.

Thank you @charlie. I’ll keep an eye out for it. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Hello @charlie,
Still no update. ETA?

G

You should be able to update right now. Latest MEC is 6.8+. Some other plugins have been updated as well.
Do you see a spot to update in either of these two spots on your WordPress domain?

/wp-admin/update-core.php
/wp-admin/plugins.php

I do but the updates fail.

What message are you getting?

An error occurred while updating Modern Events Calendar: Update package not available.

Im still getting the same message I have had for months on multiple sites:
" There is a new version of Modern Events Calendar available. Automatic update is unavailable for this plugin."

Hey guys,

You could try deleting your current Modern Events Calendar then install a new one. You have nothing to worry your data was saved in the database.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Thanks @marc_a
Yeah, I did that and it worked. It would be nice if I didn’t have to break the site in order to do an update.

Hey @lorax,

We’re glad that it is now working properly on your end and we’re sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.