Modern Events Calendar Plugin is causing a gap between header/footer and first/last section

Hi!
Since updating PRO to 4.2.3 and now 4.3.1 there is a gap between the header and footer of all pages and the first and last section. Since the last update, the gap between header / 1. Section has become even larger.
The gap appears only in preview/live-mode, not in Cornerstone/Editig-Mode.

Deactivating the MEC-Plugin solves this issue. As long as I can see it´s not depending on Custom CSS.

Regards,
Paul

Hello Paul,

Thanks for writing in! This issue could also be caused by a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

Testing for Plugin Conflict
Theme Update
Child Theme
CSS/JS Customization
Disabling Cache
Disabling CDN

In the meantime, please run the installed WP Optimize plugin and then test your site again. If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hello,
thanks for the reply. Unfortunately nothing of the suggested worked.
The issue only occurs when MEC-Plugin is activated (tested with all CSS (Pro + MEC) erased and all plugins deactivated, caches cleared, Child Theme on/off).

I´ll send you login-data via secure note.

Regards,
Paul

Hi Paul,

It mostly happens due to the broken HTML which is been added within the content. I would suggest you check by deleting the section one by one till the issue is fixed, and the last one you have deleted before the fix is the actual issue. I have also found that the MEC Shortcodes is used in the header using the Off-Canvas element, which is Hide During the Breakpoints for all the devices. If that is not required please delete them, these might be the cause of your issues.

Thanks

Thanks @tristup!
It’s been the hidden MEC Shortcode in combination with the Off-Canvas element. Now, everything looks fine again.

Hi Paul,

We’re glad that it is now working fine on your end! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.