Modern Events Calendar (MEC) not respecting booking limit

Hi, one of my clients set their ticket limit to 6 but 10 tickets were sold.

I spoke to the MEC support and they said: “Sorry to see such an issue happened, But I replicate the issue on the latest version. It could be a minor fix on updates. Please contact your theme provider and ask them to include the latest version of MEC in their theme.”

Hey @Definity33,

What MEC support meant is he replicated the issue and the fix might be included in the next update and not the current version which is 5.4.6. We also provide that version. To track updates, you may check MEC’s Changelog and our Version Compatibility page

I checked your site, by the way, and you’re using an older version yet there’s no update notification. For cases like that, you will need to do a reinstall. Uninstall MEC then install again via Pro > Validation.

Hope that helps.

To be clear, I need to deactivate and then delete the plugin before installing it?

I want to make sure I’m not going to delete all my client’s bookings and events permanently.

Hello Definity Web,

Just to be safe and avoid any accidental deletion of any bookings and event entries, please do not delete the MEC plugin in the plugins section. What you will have to do is to log in to your FTP and browse to the plugins folder wp-content/plugins/ and delete the modern-events-calendar folder. After deleting the folder, go back to X/Pro > Validation > Extensions and reinstall MEC plugin.

We would love to know if this has worked for you. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.