Modern Events Calendar issue- not syncing correctly and support will not help

Hi, I’ve been having an issue where I have a MEC synced with a google calendar, and every night when the cron job runs, it erases certain events. They have looked at it and I have tried all of their suggestions, but they can’t help me further without a license code. I don’t know if anyone else has had this issue, but I’ve been trying for weeks to resolve it and am at the point where i am going to have to switch plugins if the issue can’t be resolved. They told me to ask you for a license code. Since it is not the ‘lite’ version of the plugin that is included, there should be a code, correct? Would really love some assistance with this. Thanks.

Hi @jlswilton,

Thank you for writing in, please do the following:

• Ensure that you are fully up to date. WordPress, Theme, and Cornerstone (Version Compatibility)
  • Clear all the site caches ( plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache ) so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors. While you’re at it, please deactivate this caching feature while we tackle this issue.
  • Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If nothing works, please provide us login credentials in a “Secure Note” so we can take a closer look.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

I deactivated the caching plugin and cleared cache. Everything was already up to date. Testing plugins is difficult because when I manually sync with the calendar (from the plugin), it works. It’s the auto sync that doesn’t work. I deleted the cron job I had set on my server and am trying the auto cron job in the plugin, although this has failed to work in the past. Deactivating plugins is tough because the auto sync only runs once a day at midnight.

Hello @jlswilton,

There is no license code for the MEC plugin because this is a bundled plugin. It is best that you setup a staging site. The staging site is very useful because we can test drive any updates in the staging area, do the customizations and troubleshooting like the MEC plugin without disrupting your live site. Once everything is perfect, you can easily and flawlessly proceed with the update on the live site. To know how to create a staging area, please check out these articles:

Once you have created the staging site, you can disable all the plugins and leave the Cornerstone and MEC while your AutoSync will run at midnight. We would also love to check your site and MEC settings in your staging site. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.