Modern Events Calendar Bookings Not Added To art If Logged Out

Hi,

We have a new problem with MEC where any user who is not logged in is unable to add an even booking to the cart. This behaviour has only been noticed in the last day or so, so we wonder if it is to do with the latest Themeco-available update (6.8.30)?

Logged in users can place bookings normally, it is just new / logged out users which are affected (the majority of people who book!). This is affecting every course / event in MEC.

When the attendee’s details (email, name, telephone) have been entered and the submit button clicked, rather than proceeding with the booking, the user is presented with the “Cart is empty” screen.

Can you replicate the error?

Thanks,
Christopher

Hey Christopher,

Thanks for writing in! I have checked your site and I could not replicate the issue.

• See the screenshot below.

Best Regards.

Hi @ruenel,

Thanks for the reply. Please can you confirm that you were LOGGED OUT of the website when you tried to make the booking.

If I, or any clients, are logged out, we are unable to place the MEC order - only if logged in can we do so.

Thanks,
Christopher

Hey Christopher,

Yes, I am logged out. Check the screenshots in the secure note below.

I would highly recommend that you use a different browser like Chrome, Brave, or MS Edge and then test your site again. Using Private browsing mode can greatly help too.

Best Regards.

Hi @Ruenel,

I have discovered what the problem is. The latest events have their corresponding Woocommerce product set to “Private” status. The event you chose in the screenshot from your last response was one which had the correct “Published” status. Only the six latest events have the “Private” issue.

I have manually changed each of these from “Private” to “Published” status and all works as expected.

When a new event is created and it in turn creates its Woocommerce product, is there a setting to ensure the product’s status is automatically set to “Published” rather than “Private” - I cannot find one? The six affected products were all created since MEC 6.8.30 was installed. Prior to that all new events/associated products had “Published” status.

Thanks,
Christopher

Hey Christopher,

This could be a change in the MEC plugin settings which I think is a good thing because you can still double-check your product settings after you have created the event.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.