Modern Events Calander

Hi There,

Wrestling with MEC for a few days. It’s been doing this since I installed it. Short-code-list Web page spins forever, when Pro objects are added to a freshly created Event. Sometime it does. Sometime it does not. I have recreated it for you. See below

  • X-PRO v 1.2.7
  • MEC Version 2.1.0
  • WordPress 4.8.2 running Pro theme.

My first two events work and display well on the Pro builder, and the web page too, via list short code.
I created a 3rd event, (blank). Without using Pro builder - Result ? Blank event displays on web page via Shortcode :slight_smile:

If I add one single text object via Pro Builder, [the V2 text object], the new event stops the entire page with the list-short-code working. It spins endlessly.

I have not been able to establish a pattern - sorry. The first two events were ok.
The 3rd “Crowsnest” simply blocks the page with the list-short-code form displaying the list at all.

If I add the text object to Event Crowsnest, - Events page spins forever
If I remove the text from Event Crowsnest , it works

It’s like a switch. Event with text kills the short-code. Event without text and short-code works

Site is : http://skijorcanada.com/

I need to establish if I can go live with this product mix - thanks for helping

I tried the newer version of MEC too. Was told to roll it back to 2.10 that was supported.

Previous support ticket.

regards
Graham

Hi Graham,

There’s a known issue with the MEC plugin and version 2 elements. Though, in this case, I can’t confirm if it’s the same for you because I can’t see the same error when the page stop loading. Would you mind giving us FTP credentials so we can check error log?

Thanks for helping I’m 100% Stuck :slight_smile:

Attached is an FTP login

FYI this was upgraded from X --> PRO

Hello There,

Thanks for providing the information. I have logged in to your site and I can see that you have several out dated plugins. I would recommend that you update it first. Most of the time, out dated WordPress core files, theme or plugins will create issues in the site.

I also checked your events and I can see why you have encountered the issue. In your Crowsnest event, you are trying to load an event that it does not exist. Please remove this shortcode [MEC id="818"] and replaced it with an existing event or text and see how it goes.

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

Hi There - Thanks for helping.

  • The only outdated plugin is purposefully at that version. Essential Grid 2.1.6.2.1 breaks !
  • I disabled all plugins & I still had the same problem. So it’s not a plugin conflict.
  • I re-enabled only Essential grid and layer-slider, as they are used on ‘Under Construction’ which is visible.
  • Updated to WordPress 4.9.1

For simplicity

  • Deleted all short codes.
  • Created one short-code [MEC id=“837”] fresh for this problem.
  • in Event “Crowsnest” I’m only using Classic elements.
  • This event, “Crowsnest” seems to stop [MEC id=“837”] rendering.
  • The Pro page that uses [MEC id=“837”], called “Events Page” uses a classic text element to host [MEC id=“837”].
  • This is the Pro Page http://skijorcanada.com/the-event/ that spins forever.

So, I still have the same problem. The pro Page that uses [MEC id=“837”] renders OK inside PRO, but not in the browser.
It spins forever.

Please, can we look at the logs this time ? Let’s check the logs. And can I know which logs you are checking ?

Regards
Graham

Hello There,

I can confirm that the issue exist in your site. It seems that there is a fatal error on the front end when we view the page. Could you please enable the debug mode so that we will know what is this error all about? You can do this by opening wp-config.php and adding define( 'WP_DEBUG' , true ); just above /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

For example:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

When you revisit the page, you should have some error output describing the issue in more detail.

This has been done - thanks again for the help - sorry it’s taking such time. Would far prefer to use your plugins ecosystem

file now reads

/**

  • For developers: WordPress debugging mode.
  • Change this to true to enable the display of notices during development.
  • It is strongly recommended that plugin and theme developers use WP_DEBUG
  • in their development environments.
  • For information on other constants that can be used for debugging,
  • visit the Codex.
  • @link https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress
    */
    define(‘WP_DEBUG’, true);

/* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Hello There,

Now that you have enabled the debug mode, the error i revealed.

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/mitchski/public_html/wp-includes/load.php on line 958

To resolve this error, you might need to ask assistance from your hosting provider.

Please check this out article regarding this error.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.