Modal navigation requires clicking twice on iPad

I recently developed a website for Ben Lovett:

The homepage navigation is modal-based, and seems to work fine on desktop - but on iPad, you need to click the menu link (for the page you want to go to) twice - the first time just highlights it.

Any ideas…? Could this just be a bug?

thanks!
Dan

Hi @dgoldwas,

Thanks for reaching out!

I just check your website on an actual mobile device but I couldn’t replicate your issue because when I tried to click it once it direct me to the right page without clicking it twice. I suspect that maybe a connection problem on your end or maybe a cache issue on your iPad device. I suggest that you clear the browser cache of your iPad.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Nope, it’s still an issue - I am able to recreate the error on my iPad and my iPod Touch both in Chrome and Safari…

Hey @dgoldwas,

What iOS version are you using. I tested in iPad iOS 14 and I couldn’t replicate the issue also.

Please check WordPress Browser Support here https://make.wordpress.org/core/handbook/best-practices/browser-support/. If the device you’re using isn’t supported by WordPress, regretfully, we cannot support it too.

If you’re using a supported iOS version and if there’s a real iPad device we could test on and replicate the issue, we will report this case in our issue tracker so it will be queued to be investigated by our development team.

Thanks.

That link says that WP supports:
“Last 2 Chrome versions.
Last 2 Firefox versions.
Last 2 Safari versions.
Last 2 iOS versions.”

I checked it on my iPad and iPod Touch, both running iOS 15.0.2 (latest version) as well as the latest versions of Chrome and Safari.

Dan

Hey Dan,

Thanks for the info. Regretfully, we currently don’t have iOS 15 to test on and we don’t have an immediate solution so I’ll post this in our issue tracker.

Please stay tuned.

Thanks Christan. From my client:

"Bug happens on iOS14.8

Couple other people had mentioned this who had never been to the site, so couldn’t be a cache thing i wouldn’t think."

Dan

Hey @dgoldwas,

Thanks for the updates. We will be forwarding this to our developers so that they can test and investigate further.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.