Mobile View Cant Scroll Past Header

Hello,

on the site notgoodenoughstuff.com, I am encountering an error. I can not seem to scroll past the header for some reason. I have looked through the settings but haven’t been able to figure out what’s causing this.

Any ideas? Is the issue replicating on your phone?

Hello @HippieonHoliday,

Thanks for writing to us.

It seems that you have set the custom height in the Header bar, I would suggest you please set the Height as Auto for the Header Bar. Please remember that the double scrollbar appears only if some of the element is taller or similar in height to its container.
I would suggest you check by deleting the section of the specific pages one by one till the issue is fixed, and the last one you have deleted before the fix is the actual issue.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hey,

So the header seems to have fixed itself - I didn’t do anything but I’m no longer seeing the issue.

However, the scrolling on the pages is still having a hard time. I’ve noticed if I go to the tabs page, it seems to fix the issue and notify the browser that the page is longer and has more content, but if I stay on the page it will stop letting me scroll as if I have reached the problem.

My client is also experiencing this on her phone using a different browser.

Any idea why the pages are having trouble scrolling on mobile?

Hello Cassidy,

I have checked your site and I am seeing this JS error in the console:

(index):17 

Uncaught SyntaxError: Illegal return statement (at (index):17:46)
siteground-optimizer-combined-js-3937c8f4c0d727f581325f988c931716.js:11 

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token '<' (at siteground-optimizer-combined-js-3937c8f4c0d727f581325f988c931716.js:11:1)

This could be coming from a 3rd party plugin. You may do the following:

If nothing is helping, please provide with us your WP credentials so we can investigate further. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hello,

Thank you for this! I’m assuming it was caused by sitegroun optimizer combining javascript, so I turned that off.

I’m unsure if it’s fixed but I’m watching it & will update.

Additionally, the mobile menu in the header will not let you click on it while on mobile devices. What could be causing this?

Hi Cassidy,

I have checked your website on my Android mobile device and the Mobile Menu worked perfectly fine. If that is not the case and you are trying to point out something else, please provide any screenshot marked with the issue or any video that helps us to recognize the problem.

Thanks

Hmm it appears to be working fine!

This is the second time we’ve noticed the problem and then noticed it fixed with no changes on our part.

Hopefully, it stays working this time! If it breaks again I’ll reply back.

Great news then. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.