Mobile nav links require clicking twice to activate

Hi – I raised an earlier thread here: Mobile nav links require clicking twice to activate - Pro

Has a fix been found for this yet? It seems like a fairly major UX flaw.

Thanks,
Alex

1 Like

Hello Alex,

We have already reported the issue and the issue is in our issue tracker for our development team. There is no ETA at the moment so I would request you, please stay tuned for succeeding theme updates.

Thanks for understanding

Hi - your support said the same thing last time… so it’s a little frustrating. Are you able to assist with a workaround in the meantime? A code snippet would be great.

1 Like

Hi Alex,

Unfortunately, there is a temporary solution available for this.

Thanks

Hi - so just to be clear: your default code for a nav menu has a major UX issue in it which I wouldn’t expect on any professional website (having to click twice on mobile = lost visitors = lost revenue), which was flagged months ago, but you still haven’t provided a fix and won’t provide a temporary workaround in the meantime? I’ve used X/Pro for years and have to say this is very disappointing. Please can this be escalated and can someone more senior reach out to me? Thanks.

1 Like

Hey Alex,

This case has been escalated.

To your comment:

The issue might be complex. Previously, you don’t have to double-tap but it broke during an iOS update.

We always provide a work-around if there is a solution. For this case, there is currently none. The double-tap issue usually happens when the mobile links are numerous that they exceed the height of the screen that it enables scrolling . In my test, it doesn’t happen if you have 1 to 5 menus items. You might want to try that.

If you really need lots of menu items, please kindly wait for a member of our dev team to leave a comment here.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.