Mobile Menu Toggle Button Not Working

The mobile toggle menu button is not opening the menu. We’ve tried it on iPhone and within a desktop browser (reducing the window size). Upon doing an Inspect Element we aren’t seeing any errors. All plugins and themes and WP core are up-to-date.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello Dru,

Thanks for posting in! I noticed that you are still using an older version of the X theme. Could you please update to the latest versions? Our latest versions are:

• X theme 8.0.11
  • Cornerstone 5.0.11
  • WP 5.6
  • PHP 7.4

Check out the compatibility support here:

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog:

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Please let us know how it goes.

@ruenel We’ve created a staging environment due to the big jump in theme versions (4.3.0 to 8.0.11). You can view the staging site here, https://bestinspectorinkc.com/staging/

It looks like the menu issue has been resolved with the update, however, we now have a larger issue with the layout. The footer is showing up and to the right of the header for some reason. Any thoughts on how to resolve this issue? Thanks.

Hi Dru,

Thank you for providing the credentials. This usually happens when you have an invalid HTML markup in your content. I checked your Footer widget content and there was an extra closing </div> tag which was breaking the entire layout.

I went ahead and removed the extra closing tag and this has fixed the issue.

Cheers!

Thanks @nabeel for your assistance.

You’re welcome, Dru