Mobile Menu not working When I Enable Google Adsense

I’m using the off canvas mobile menu on my site when the viewport is 979px and smaller. Everything works great except when we enable ads from our Google Adsense account, the menu is not clickable. I’ve tried increasing the Z-index thinking that there might be an ad spot covering it up, but that hasn’t worked.

Because this is only happening on mobile devices, I’m having a hard time troubleshooting. It doesn’t happen on Firefox, for example, using Responsive Design Mode.

I’ll send along domain and login information in a secure note.

Any help on this is deeply appreciated. I’ve been stumped for over a week on this!

I should add that the menu isn’t clickable even though ads aren’t covering it. I don’t think I was clear on that.

I’ve increased the menu bar’s z-index to 100,000. I now note that once the page is finished loading (which takes up to 10 seconds due to Adsense), the menu is clickable. I think we can close this thread.

Hey @gavn8r,

We’re glad that you’re able to figure it out.

Thank you.

@marc_a - Is there a way that I could get the Off Canvass component to load before the entire page finishes loading?

This remains a problem, @marc_a. Any thoughts or guidance on this?

Hi @gavn8r,

It is not possible to load the Off Canvas before the page load is completed.

Thanks

So, I guess the issue is that because Adsense is loading slowly, the Off Canvas menu won’t load, making it unclickable. Is anybody else having this issue?

Hey @gavn8r,

Yes, the page resources have to load first before the Off Canvas element can properly load on the page.

Thanks.

Is this also the case with Search Modal? I’m having issues with that one, too, now that Adsense is enabled.

Hello @gavn8r,

Yes, that would be the case. Every functionality on the site that uses javascript, it only works when the Adsense and all other site resources are loaded on the page.

Cheers.