Mobile Menu 'Navigation Collapsed' Sublinks Won't Open

Hi there,
I have a ‘Navigation Collapsed’ menu that has 2 levels of navigations. The second level is supposed to be accessed through clicking on the ‘+’ subindicators next to two navigation top links. Unfortunately they have stopped working in that way and when you click to open the submenu, the top links don’t drop down to open the 2nd level when on Mobile (they work on desktop). The top links look as if they are trying to open an actual page (they become underlined) but there are no pages associated with those. They are custom navigation menu items that have ‘#’ on them.
I checked through my settings, made sure my plugins/theme were updated, and event tried re-building the menu, but I can’t seem to find what the problem is. Would you be able to take a look?
(Secure note with creds included below)
Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 8.48.16 AM
Thank you

Hello @ancorakim,

Thanks for writing to us.

There might be a few different reasons for this issue, I would suggest you troubleshoot a few common issues:

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Disabling Cache

If that does not help you, please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Admin URL
– WordPress Admin username / password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Sure, I disabled/re-enabled each plugin one by one to test for conflicts. I took out any custom css/js and added it back in when that didn’t fix it. Cache is not enabled either and the error with the menu remains. I have added a secure note to our test site (it has a temporary url) where I included a page and the menu that has the error.

Hey @ancorakim,

I removed your custom JS in Theme Options > JS and the submenu opens up again. Please double check when you test for a plugin and custom code conflicts next time.

If you wish to continue using the code, please consult with a 3rd party developer even if you got the code here in the forum because the codes we provide here serve only as a guide. We do not provide support for them.

Hope that helps.

That’s odd, when I deleted that out the first time it didn’t fix the issue. But it is working now, thank you!

You’re welcome, @ancorakim.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.