Mobile menu disappears again

Hi,

On my site, my mobile menu disappears. Here’s a video of it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AAP1bxrI7zvEhV-_ehPK6Dg2N9DysToQ/view?usp=sharing

This also happens on my site here: https://lp.folksapp.io

I’ve disabled cache plugins and everything else.

Please help.

Hello @mrcanngo,

Thanks for writing in! It seems that you have a caching issues. Please do the following:

If that does not help, we would love to check the site settings or your installed plugins. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

secure note added.

you have my permission to access the site and make changes.

Hi @mrcanngo,

I have checked your website and the video and found that the websites mentioned in the video and the shared URL are different. Although I found that website in your Themeco Account and accessed the URL shown in the video. After investigation I found that the issue is due to the z-index value set to the Header > Bar which is set to 99998 whereas the z-index of the Footer > Bar is set to 99999 and that is why it goes behind the Footer.

I would suggest you set a higher value to the Header > Bar to get rid of this issue.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hi,

The issue isn’t actually that it goes behind the footer, the issue is that it eventually disappears completely, even if your scroll back up and out of the footer area.

Can you please check again? This happens only on mobile.

Can you please troubleshoot the lp.folksapp.io site? It’s still in staging and experiences the exact same issue, so it’s safer to fix there.

Hello Can,

Are you using an Iphone with a Safari browser? Please clear your iPhone’s browser cache or use private browsing mode and test your site again. By the way, I have tested your site on my android phone and I could not replicate the issue. Kindly check out this video:
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/cQMaif_EaMo

We will continue investigating this issue because there were cases that sticky bars get stuck or do not display properly with Safari browsers.

Best Regards.

Hi,

Thank you for the help.

I’m using Android.

Can you please troubleshoot the lp.folksapp.io site? It’s still in staging and experiences the exact same issue, so it’s safer to fix there.

I was able to fix the animerevolution site by using some obscure css in the past by applying some css setting to the body tag, but I’m not confident of any side effects it might produce and would appreciate a more proper fix.

Hi @mrcanngo,

For the specified site, you have used the customized Header but didn’t add any Navigation elements for the smaller screen. And that is why the smaller screens do not show the Humberger menu as you are expecting.
I would suggest you add any of the following Navigation elements for the smaller screen:

1. Navigation Dropdown
  2. Navigation Modal
  3. Navigation Off Canvas

And make that element hidden for specific bigger screens using the Hide During Breakpoint, and hide the Navigation Inline for the smaller screens.

Screenshot-2022-05-05-171047

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hi,

I’m not talking about the hamburger menu. The entire bar dissapears. Please look at these before and after screenshots:

To recreate this, just use your mobile, scroll down and up a bit, and then touch the header bar area. Then you’ll see it disappears. This doesn’t always happen.

It’s quite random and sometimes you have to scroll down to the footer, other times you’ll only need to scroll half way down.

Hi @mrcanngo,

I have checked it on my Android mobile but didn’t find the issue you described here. I would request you please mention the device, browser name and version, and also the operating system you are using, which helps us to replicate the issue at our end.

Thanks

Hi

Here is a video I made of the problem: https://photos.app.goo.gl/mkuTSEaRHL7tGnZ47

Further, I am using a Pixel 6.

Android OS version: 12
Build: SP2A.220405.004
Chrome mobile version: 101.0.4951.41

I should mention, I tried this on an iphone 13 pro max and a Samsung Galaxy s21 and they all produce the same issue.

You just have to scroll up and down a bit.

Thank you,

Hey @mrcanngo,

Thank you for the video. I have replicated the issue in a vanilla WordPress install and Pro 5.1.5 so this might be a bug. I’ll post this in our internal issue tracker so that this case will be queued to be investigated by our development team.

Regretfully, there is no workaround for this case.

Please stay tuned for updates.

Thanks.

Thank you so much. I hope it will get resolved eventually.

You’re most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.