Mobile Menu Broken and Fonts not Displaying

Hi there, I wondered if you could help me? I have updated the theme and all plugins to try and solve this issue, but the mobile menu will not open and the fonts have stopped displaying (they are defaulting to a strange serif font). I was wondering if you could help me work out what has happened here? Have updated PHP to 7.4, but not sure if the theme can handle anything higher than that. Any advice greatly appreciated.

https://youngsporters.co.uk/

1 Like

Hello @EarlySigns,

Thanks for writing to us.

It generally happens due to cache, plugin conflict, or custom JS/CSS code just because the element styling not working properly. I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

If it doesn’t work for you, it would be best if you could copy your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi there, I added a secure note to this just wondering if there is an update for me? Many thanks

We actually don’t see a secure note on this topic. Can you try again?

Hey @EarlySigns,

I suggest that you update your theme to the latest version which is 6.1.0 and let’s see if it fixes your mobile menu issue. On the other hand, please go to Cornerstone > Globals > Typography and set the font family for the Body and Content and the Headings options not just “Inherit”.

Hope that helps.

Hi there, thanks for your reply but this is not the issue. The mobile phone menu is broken - and will not open. The font is a secondary issue, the mobile menu not working too makes me think this is an error or a conflict is happening. I have an unlimited licence for Pro and the update to a newer version is not currently listed, as I am already on version Version: 6.0.7 (if there was an ‘update now’ option available then I would click this, it usually is there when you roll out a new update. Please login and let me know what I can do, as none of the plugins are causing this issue and Im at a loss as to what to do here. Thanks

Just to let you know I have fixed the font issue (those settings must have been wiped with the recent update), but the mobile menu is still not opening. Please let me know when I’d expect to see the ‘update now’ option for the theme, as my license number has been input, or if I need to download it manually from my account here and install via FTP. Many thanks.

Hi @EarlySigns,

Glad to know that the font problem is now resolved. I have checked your website and found that you are already in the latest version of the theme. You can see the Update Now option if any new version is rolled out.

Thanks

Hi there, sorry to repeat myself but I would appreciate some help with my original issue. The mobile menu is not working - it doesnt open. I have tried for plugin conflicts and this is not the issue. The version is the latest and also not the issue. Please advise.

Hello @EarlySigns,

When I edit your header, I am seeing this:

There seems to be an issue with your site. Can you please clone your site in a staging site so that we can continue the troubleshooting in the staging area without disrupting your live site?

Best Regards.

Hi there, any update on this please? I send a secure note with the staging site, thanks

Hey @EarlySigns,

Please replace or rebuild the old Navigation Collapsed element with Navigation Off Canvas. The Navigation Collapsed and Navigation Layered elements don’t have the off canvas component now or the off canvas component has been separated from those elements. There is no option to control the toggle of those old Navigation elements now.

Hope that helps.

Hi there, thanks for your reply. I have replaced the mobile menu with Navigation Off Canvas and it still displays the rendering error message, I have even tried to delete the mobile menu entirely and recreate it to the same result. Sadly this fix does not work. Any help greatly appreciated as my client now has a mobile menu that doesnt work.

Incidentally, if I have a website that I have to update to latest version of Pro, as I have an unlimited license does this mean I have to recreate every single mobile menu on every website I have made? This is potentially an issue as I have dozens of websites that may be affected.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

I could not determine the exact issue, but it looks like there is some broken HTML around the mailchimp stuff. See secure note for a page that does not include the footer and as a result gets around this issue. I think it is included regardless of plugin as I was able to recreate when I tried out your site through an import with no plugins activated. I hope this helps. Most of your other sites should be fine unless the problem code is inserted on other sites. Let us know if you have any other questions!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.