Mobile Hamburger Menu Stays Open

Hi,

I have an issue on a client website where the mobile hamburger menu stays open.

This site was working perfectly until very recently.

It has not been modified and nor had the client updated themes, plugins or WordPress versions.

After being asked to look at the problem we have done the following troubleshooting;-

We have updated everything to the latest levels - it still happens.

We have disabled all plugins - it still happens.

We have renamed a javascript file that was added 3 years ago in the child theme by changing the filename - it still happens (so we changed the name back).

We have changed the child theme (X Child Theme) back to the parent theme - this fixes the problem.

Do you have any ideas as to how we might be able to fix this issue?

Apologies if this topic is similar to others. I have looked through the others but found no hints other than what I have tried above.

The site is http://www.jadehameister.com/

thanks
Kirk

Hi Kirk,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It seems like you’ve an old files in your child theme which is causing the issue. Via FTP navigate to /x-child/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/global and compare your files with the parent theme in the same directory and make changes accordingly.

Let us know how this goes!

Thanks for the quick response, however, I do not have the files you mentioned in your response.

Here is what I can see inside the X-Child child theme.

Hi Kirk,

The class for collapsing the menu has been changed in the updated version of the theme, and it seems that your site is rendered with the older class. As @nabeel has pointed out, that you may have the older version of files in your Child Theme, or else the files are modified inside the Child Theme.

If you can see that in your Child Theme have two files _navbar.php and _nav-primary.php which you need to compare with files in the parent theme i.e /x/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/global.

If you have not made any changes to these two files, I would suggest you to either remove from Child Theme or replace those by copying from Parent Theme to get the updated code.

Remember to clear all your server-side & browser’s cache after updating so that the update code is always in use.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Thanks for all your help.

I went ahead earlier today and moved those 2 files across from the X theme to replace those in the X-Child theme in the directories you mentioned.

There is a definite improvement as the menu is now a hamburger menu again.

What I didn’t see though was the dropdown menu collapse after a section of the page has been selected?

Should this happen or do we have to click the hamburger menu to close the dropdown menu?

Thanks once again for all your help.

Kirk

Hi Kirk,

Great it resolved your primary issue with the expanded menu. On the other part, the menu will be collapse only if you click back the Hamburger icon or you load the page.
As you are using the # link to another section of the same page, none of the event fires to collapsed the menu.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.