Missing Woocommerce Product Description Editor Box

Hi,

I’m unable to edit Woocommerce product descriptions because I don’t see the product description editor. It was there at some point - you can see the description on this page: https://goodcounselretreat.org/product/our-lady-of-good-counsel-prayer-desk-shrine/. I’m pulling it into the layout using the dynamic field: {{dc:woocommerce:product_description}}

How can I get it back?

Thanks.

Hello, @tektonministries,

Thanks for writing to us.

In order to help you with your concern, we need to check your settings. I would request you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details meanwhile you must troubleshoot a few common issues before we investigate your settings.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thanks for the reply Prakash but I’d rather not give out the credentials. Do you have some things for me to check?

It looks like it’s this Div:
id=“postdivrich” class=“postarea wp-editor-expand”

It’s marked as display:none
#postdivrich, #screen-meta label[for=postdivrich-hide] {
display: none !important;
}

Hi @tektonministries,

The custom CSS you referred to here, is to hide the Description field in the WordPress admin dashboard. I would suggest you remove that code and check if that resolves your problem. If that does not help and you are still having the same issue, there might be some different reasons behind your issue. I would like to suggest troubleshooting the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

1. Theme Related Issue
  2. Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update related issue
  4. Child Theme Related issue
  5. CSS/JS Customization
  6. Disabling Cache
  7. Disabling CDN

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of the above helps, we need to investigate it through the WordPress admin dashboard to get into the cause of the problem. I would suggest you please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access to the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Thanks for your help

Hi @tektonministries,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.