Missing Button Until Hover On Live Site - Shown/Configured Correctly in Editor

Hello! I am having a button display issue in preview vs. the live site. Buttons show up normally on the editor, but they’re not showing up as the way they’re coded when published. Classic buttons do work as expected.

I have updated to the latest version of Pro and Wordpress, cleared all caches, checked for any plugin conflicts (especially caching plugins), tried incognito mode, disabled Cloudflare… nothing works to make the button appear as it should.

Correctly shown in the Cornerstone editor -
2021-03-09

On the live site, published -
2021-03-09

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Lauren

Hi @laurenfournier,

Thanks for reaching out!

This sounds like it could be the same as the issues we’ve been seeing. When updating to a new major release, there could be some markup changes incompatible with the cached generated styles. We need to make sure that there’s always a way for the style cache to be cleared.

I suggest that you go to Pro > Settings > System then click the Clear Style Cache button to clear the style cache manually.

If it doesn’t help, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Thank you! I cleared that style cache and unfortunately it didn’t make any difference (also cleared my other caches afterward and no change). I will provide admin credentials in the note.

Hi @laurenfournier,

I just check the page you are having an issue and the settings were all correct. I found out that your website is in Cloudflare so I suspect this is a Cloudflare cache. I suggest that you go to your Cloudflare and purge the cache or set it to development mode to see the changes.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, clearing my cloudflare cache didn’t work. I also tried development mode. All of my caching plugins are currently disabled as well.

Hey @laurenfournier,

I have taken a closer look at your issue. After further investigation, I found out that you added a broken CSS code background-color: white; in one of your content areas in the header.

I went ahead and removed it already.

Check the page now. The button is displaying already.

Woah - thank you! I never would have guessed something like that could affect buttons. I really appreciate you diagnosing and fixing this issue.

You’re most welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.