Missing button to add shortcodes on WYSIWYG editor

Hi,

There used to be button on the WYSIWYG editor that opened up a window to add shortcodes from X Theme (right next to the “Add Media” button). I don’t use Cornerstone for my blog posts because they’re mostly text, but I was using these shortcodes like [alert] or [tab_nav] that came really in handy. These shortcodes still work on the pages (except one I’ll explain below), but the button to add them is no longer there… Why has it been removed? I keep using the ones i remember but I’d love to be able to generate them from the original window again.

The shortcode I mentioned doesn’t work anymore is the tabs. The tabs are generated on the page but you can’t switch from one to another. I’m thinking maybe they are declared differently now… but since I can’t find a way to auto-generate the code I wouldn’t know. See it in action here.

Thank you for your assistance.
Regards,

Mireia

Hey Mireia,

Thanks for posting in! If you wish to use the shortcode generator, then go to your cornerstone settings, X > Cornerstone, and enable Show Legacy Shortcode Generator.

Hope this helps.

Thank you @RueNel

Does this mean that these shortcodes might stop working in the future? They’re really useful for non-complex blog pages… :c

Regards,
Mireia

Hi There,

By default it will not be enabled but you will have the option to enable it under your Cornerstone settings.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.