Missing Block Editor

Client is using X. They created an entire online school with LearnDash and block editor, while using Cornerstone for the rest of the site. Client states it was functional. Could use Cornerstone for main pages and the Wordpress block editor with LearnDash.

The block editor is no longer accessible on the LearnDash pages, however when theme is switched out for a generic theme the block editor reappears.

Is this a known issue? Is there a work around to allow the block editor to come back?

Hello @JamieNiccole,

Thanks for writing to us.

I tried to access your site dashboard but unfortunately, the login URL is not working for me. I tried to use the default login URL that is domain-name.com/wp-admin/ or domain-name.com/wp-login.php but it is taking to 404 pages.

It might be an issue of plugin conflict. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Apologies on that front as the /wp-admin/ was changed to /login/. However, I have created a staging site to work with - secure note below. Once I created staging the Block editor came back. Yay … however client would like to use Cornerstone WYSIWYG for the editing of class pages (initially created with block editor).

I attempted to switch to “Edit With Pro” and got the following message: “The preview could not load due to the iFrame response being incomplete. This is most often related to a plug-in conflict, or customizations introducing a PHP error.”

This is after I deactivated all plugins (except Buddy Press and LearnDash).

I also activated Cornerstone for all LearnDash pages.

Please advise and many thanks!

Hello @JamieNiccole,

Thanks for sharing the credentials. I went ahead and checked your given post URL it seems that the Gutenberg WordPress blocks are working fine at my end please find the screenshot in the secure note.
It might be the issue of the browser cache at your end. I would suggest you clear your browser cache and then check it again.

Thanks

Thank you for the insight. Yes we finally got it it working, however client want to use Cornerstone now.

The request for ticket changed :slight_smile:

Hello @JamieNiccole,

You are using the Pro theme and it has Pro Editor which is the equivalent to the Cornerstone plugin. Before you edit a Quiz, Question or Certificate, you must go to Pro > Layouts and create a custom layout first. You can assign this layout as the layout for the single quiz, question, or certificate and then you can create and edit a quiz, question or certificate.

Hope this helps.

OK … I don’t believe I am explaining sufficiently. I have a Unit … a lesson. Per LearnDash we should be able to use any page editor - https://www.learndash.com/support/docs/guides/page-builders/.

When I try to edit this page with Pro I get an error: The preview could not load due to the I-frame response being in complete. This is most often related to a plug in conflict or customizations introducing a PHP error.

This shouldn’t be occurring. This an out of the box plugin and theme. No customizations.

Here was the response from the developer: It shouldn’t be a problem on our side probably.
I didn’t hear about X Pro from ThemeCo but maybe you can check this video with Elementor and maybe this can help you? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtBUztjzzHc
If this doesn’t help you write back to us so we can check how to fix this.

Hey @JamieNiccole,

I want to check the error log but your FTP credentials, though working, is for a blank directory.

Please give us correct access.

The iframe incomplete error usually is a result of some PHP error which could be some conflict with LearnDash, your web host and our theme.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.