Misconfigured URLs on Global Header

Hi Sirs,
just published a website moving from sub-domain to main domain. In sub-domain I had no error at all, while now I get the “misconfigured urls” error when trying to edit global header.

I have already read through forum and I can assure that origin URL and preview URL are identical; I even added a couple of define statements in wp-config.php, with no success either. Also, all internal links have been successfully resolved already, so no mismatch heritage from the subdomain.

This is the error screenshot:

Where else am I supposed to look at to solve this issue?

Thank you very much,
Stefano

Hello Stefano,

Thanks for writing to us.

According to your screenshot, it seems that your site URL contains HTTPS://www but the preview URL is HTTPS. It might be the reason behind your issue. I also noticed that you have the permalink as “Plain”, I would suggest you set the permalink as “Post Name” from the Dashboard—>Settings—>Permalink —>Post

If it doesn’t work for you we need to check your settings, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Ops, please add an * at the beginning of PW; it didn’t copy/paste entirely and didn’t noticed :sweat_smile:

Hello @step64,

I tried to access your site dashboard with “*” at the beginning of the password but it is not working at my end. Please recheck and send us again.

Thanks

Oh, I see, it’s not my fault but forum’s messages handling.
It removes the double “*” I’m trying to send you to login.
So, PW is correct but pls do consider that is starts with a double asterisk.

Hope I made myself clear enough,
Stefano

Hello Stefano,

I tried with a double asterisk"**" and single asterisk “*” and without asterisk as well but it is not working at my end. Please recheck and send us again.

Thanks

Just made a brand new administrator altogether.
Hope this works, see latest secure note thanks.

Stefano

Hello Stefano,

Thanks for sharing the correct login details. I went ahead checked your site dashboard. You Header preview is working now please have a look at your site. I followed these steps on your server.

1. Deactivated all the plugins
  2. Set the permalink to “Plain” then reset it to “Post Name”
  3. After resetting the permalink Header works fine
  4. Activated all the plugin

I would suggest you clear your browser cache then check it again or check in the private mode of the browser. In case if it doesn’t work for you please let us know.

Hope it helps
Thanks

1 Like

Cool, everything is working fine now.
I’ll keep yr post as reference for similar future issues, if any ever again.

Sorry for the late replay, we’ve been busy in partying here in Italy recently :smiley:

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.