Hi,
I purchased a copy of the “X” theme the day before yesterday. My question is, how can I install the X theme minimally? Currently, I have a 150 MB free hosting space as part of another online service - where I would like to install X and create my site. I want to keep most of this tiny space for my actual content and I want X to take as little space as possible there (considering the very limited availability of space there) - without being ineffective. So, how can I streamline X’s installation keeping it as small as possible and install only the absolutely essential and necessary components (eg Cornerstone) and not other optional or non-vital components that I can do without? If after the minimal installation of X and uploading of my own content, there is space left, then (and then only!) I may choose to incrementally upload other non-vital components of X as long as space in the sever allocated to me (out of 150 MB) permits.
Is this possible? If it is, then how? Please help!
Thanks.
Hi There,
Thanks for writing in! X theme it self is under 10MB and the required plugin Cornerstone will be around 15MB. That would be the minimum required space to run X theme.
Also note that you can delete the cornerstone.zip file under your X theme (X/framework/plugins/).
Hope that helps.
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
Just one more question:
How can I safely minimize / reduce the size of my “Wordpress” installation? I have already installed Wordpress, but it’s taking up too much space - 38 MB. Considering the limited availability of space (150 MB) to me, this seems too much. How can I significantly reduce this? Which files / components of the Wordpress installation can I safely remove / delete - if any?
Please help!
Hi there,
This will go to the realm of general questions of the WordPress which is not related to our product specifically. I did a search regarding this and I suggest that you continue your research reading:
And also this Google Search. Thank you.
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.