Migrate Content from X Theme / Cornerstone to Pro

Hi guys,

I thought this would be pretty straightforward, but it turns out it isn’t. I thought I could just save templates in Cornerstone and import them into Pro, but that didn’t work.

We also tried copying the post content and hoping the shortcodes worked, but that didn’t work either.

Is there a good method to do this? Is it supposed to work out of the box, or am I missing something?

Hello @brianjohnsondesign,

Thanks for writing in! Saving the element as a preset or a page as template and then you can go to the Template Manager should be the way to import/export any saved template. Just make sure that you are using the latest versions of the X theme, Cornerstone and the Pro theme. If you are having some issues, can you please send us the template file that you have downloaded so we can check it or at least provide us WP Access to your X theme powered site and the Pro site that you are trying to import the template. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Okay, thank you for that info! We’ll try updating everything and trying the export again. Thank you!

Hello @brianjohnsondesign,

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.