Menu Top Bar to wide

Hi there

since I have updated Pro today, the menu top-bar of my website is to wide. I have tryed for hours to solve the problem but it seems, the content sizing width is not working. I can set a max width of 10px for this bar but it is still showing 100% of the width of its container:

before the update of Pro it was like this:

…now it is like this:

Any idea, what could be the problem?

Thank you very much for your help!

Kind regards,
Felix

Hello Felix,

Thanks for writing to us.

To help you with your concerns we need to check your settings, I would request please share the admin login details meanwhile I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi Prakash

Thank you very much for looking into this.

Hey Felix,

I’m not sure what changed but now you need to add custom CSS. It’s best to use the Div element instead of the Bar element for this setup so you can edit the Width.

Hi Christian

That’s great! Now it is perfect.
I have noticed, that some other < a > elements, such as images which I want to use as a link and also have an effect, have made errors since the lates update of Pro. I just changed them to < div > elements and now the display errors are gone (but no more link for the image).
Maybe you can report this issues to your dev-team to check.

Thanks again for your great help!

Kind regards,
Felx

Hey Felix,

You can turn the Div into a link by setting the HTML tag to <a>. You then will have the option to set the URL.

Hi Christian

Thank you very much for your reply! Yes, that’s how it was before the update of Pro. But now, If I have a < a > HTML tag for example on a image and this element has an effect too, there is a display error with the image. either the display it is far too big or the position is wrong.
It is no problem for me at the moment but maybe your dev. team could investigate the issue.
Thanks again and kind regards,
Felix

Hey Felix,

We will see if we can replicate the issue. If we can, we’ll report it to our dev team.

Thanks.

Hi Christian

Perfect, thank you very much!

Kind regards,
Felix

1 Like

You are most welcome, Felix.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.