Menu showing erratically & gallery images disappeared

Hi there,

Two weird things have happened in the last week or two on the site https://www.capetownswing.co.za/:

1. a new navigation menu that was created and assigned as primary (to the header) is not showing consistently across the site (it displays for logged-in users but seemingly not otherwise);

2. an image slider at the top of the homepage is displaying for logged-in users but for others there are no images at all.

Here’s what it looks like for logged-in users (as intended):

and here’s what it looks like in an incognito window (NOT displaying correctly):

I have two new helpers on the site who have been doing a bit of work, and I asked them to log exactly what changes they made: their changelog is here in case that’s helpful.

I’ve included the logins in a secure note. Please help! I don’t know how to fix this :slightly_frowning_face:

Hello @muriel,

Thanks for writing to us.

I checked your site it seems that it is an issue with the server cache, I would suggest you please purge all the server cache and CDN cache. In case you are using Cloudflare please purge all the cache and then recheck it in the private mode of the browser.
If none of those work, It would be best if you could copy your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi there,

It’s a big mission (and expense) for me to migrate to a staging site – while I try to find a way to make this happen could you please take a look at the existing site with the logins attached in the secure note above? If the site breaks I’ll restore a backup.

Hey @Muriel,

I have checked your WP Dashboard to see what were the installed plugins on the site. I do not see that the WP Rocket plugin is installed but when I checked the page source of the site, I saw this:

Kindly check with your hosting provider and see if they have a caching feature in the host server.

Best Regards.

Thanks. I’ve checked; there is no caching feature on the host servers. However it seems that W3 Cache left a cache folder on the site even after the plugin was removed; I’ve renamed the folder and the issue seems to be resolved for now. I’ll leave it like that for a while to see if it’s a permanent fix.

Hey Muriel,

Even the plugin were removed there are still cache files inside the wp-content folder but I am glad that you’re able to figure it out.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.