Menu sandwich on mobile not working

hi my site is sailing-lavagabonde.com, I’m using the latest X version (all updates current). My mobile menu is not working.

how long does support take to respond typically?

Hello @itsbobross,

Thanks for writing in!

We are proud to provide support to our customers 24/7/365 in the Support Forum

Support questions are answered in the order received and responses may take up to 24 hours (typically sooner). Complex questions or busy times may take longer.

Just for future topics, self responding or bumping your post pushes it back in our Queue system so it takes longer to respond to.

Your mobile menu do not work because the page is loading an old cached version of the site and not the latest from the updates. After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches because you have installed WP Fastest Cache plugin so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

And please clear your browser cache too. You may use private browsing mode in testing your site to make sure that you are viewing the latest codes from the updates and not the cached version in your browser.

Best Regards.

I tried deleting ALL cache multiple times and it still doesn’t work. I’ve tried viewing it on multiple browsers as well as incognito modes and does not work. What do I do now?

Hi @itsbobross,

Yes, I can see mobile menu is not working, but the other JS driven elements on the site are working. I see that you have a child theme, do you have a modification on the navigation on your child theme? Would you mind switching to parent X theme for a while and see if that fixes the issue. If it does, then we know the issue is on your child theme.

Thanks,

I just switched to the parent theme, cleared all caches, went into incognito on mobile and the menu still doesn’t respond :frowning:

I do have it still set on parent theme so you can check it as well.

Hey @itsbobross,

It’s probably not caching but your JS minification that is causing the issue.

Please clear all caches again and check your caching plugin for Minification options. Disable it. If it does not work, temporarily deactivate all third-party plugins and check if the issue persists.

If the issue is resolved by turning off minification, please contact the optimization plugin developer to learn how to exclude all resources of X and Cornerstone from being minified. Don’t worry, all resources of our products are already optimized so there’s no need to minify them.

Thanks.

I deactivated every plugin (except cornerstone), checked incognito on phone and issue still persists.

Thanks for testing, @itsbobross. The next thing to check then is custom scripts or even custom CSS. Please check if you have inserted anything in Theme Options > JS and Theme Options > CSS and temporarily remove all of the code there. Please keep optimization plugins disabled.

If that still doesn’t help, give us the following information in a Secure Note so we could check your website more closely.

• WordPress Logins URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP access

Thanks.

for some reason I had this code:

ul.x-nav {
display: none;
}

I removed it and it now works fine.

Glad you sorted things out,

Happy holidays,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.