Menu problem on xtheme

Hi i have quite and extensive menu set up on my site and my problem is this.

I have set up a news category and added it to the menu. Under the News category. I have sub category called Funko Pop News.
When i go and click news in the menu it shows all posts under news including those in the sub category Funko Pop news. I was expecting it just to show posts directly under news and the Funko Pop news posts to show directly under Funko Pop news and not also under news… Im worried this is classed as duplicate content.

My site is action figure geek dot com
Thanks in advance

Hey Dexter,

Thanks for reaching out!

Would you mind sharing your admin credentials so that we can check your category setup in the backend? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi login info added as a secure note on the first post

Hi Dexter,

It is not duplicate content. The Funko Pop News is a sub-category of the News category and that is why all the posts that showing under the News category Archive page.

Thanks

But how do I stop that, I would like posts in the sub-category to only show in the sub-category? That is what makes sense to me.

So a fix for this is, if im understanding this correctly is to take each sub category and make a new full category and then place it under the the main category and move the posts under the sub category into the new category of the same name then just remove the sub category?

Hello Dexter,

Yes, that would be the case because all the post items under the parent category will be displayed including the items under its sub categories. If you want to separate the Funko Pop Newsfrom the “News” items, you should make Funko Pop News as a parent category instead.

Best Regards.

Ok Thanks for the clarification

You’re welcome, Dexter.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.