Menu Logged-In Not Showing on all pages

Hi.

We have two different menus set up, one users that are logged in and one for visitors that are not.

After logging in, the Logged-In Menu shows up on all pages, except for two: “Home” and “Über uns”.

  • I can 't find any differences in the setup of these pages.
  • I already checked if WP Rocket is the problem since it caches differently whether your logged in or not. The issue persists even when WP Rocket is deactivated.
  • The issue happens with Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer. I haven’t tested other browers.
  • Users do stay logged in, though. I tested that obvious one as well.
  • We are using DigiMember as our membership plugin.

Some URLs:

Can you advise?

Thanks in advance,
Jens

Hi there,

How did you setup that menu for logged in and logged out status? I can’t find any related plugin, is it custom code? It would better if you can check it with the author.

You can actually have single menu instead of multiple menus and just hide the items, example, using this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/menu-items-visibility-control/. You just need the condition ! is_user_logged_in() to display it from non-logged in users, and is_user_logged_in() from logged in users.

Thanks!

Thanks for the quick response.

Menu Setup: If I go to where I can admin the menu positions (either via Design/Menus or via the Customizer), I can set which menu to show when logged in and which when logged off.

Membership Plugin: Our membership plugin is Digimember. I suspected that this might be the source of the problem since I really can’t find any differences in the setup of the pages.
The author announced a major update for this fall, so hopefully that will fix the problem.
But I will also look into your other suggestion.

Thanks for the help, I consider this cry for help dealt with, i.e. the topic closed :slight_smile:

X neither its bundled plugins does not have a feature that could disable a menu item based on user roles. We love to help but this is something that is outside the scope of our support due to the fact that there is simply no way to account for all of the potential variables at play when using another developer’s plugin or script. Because of this, any questions you have regarding setup, integration, or troubleshooting any piece of functionality that is not native to X will need to be directed to the original developer.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks you, I suspected this much but wanted to make sure.

You’re most welcome!